Why I have to apply force while passing out stool ?
Passing stool is the normal mechanism. Some people do it twice in a day or some only in the morning. But some time stool gets hard due to any abnormality in bowl movement or the food you take contain insufficient fibres and they can’t pass out easily. Most often they even don’t pass stool for several days or if they are passing they have to apply so much force. The reason why they can’t pass out the stool is Constipation. To understand this let’s have a look on constipation.
Constipation is the problem of food excretion which is due to less movement of bowl ( large intestine part) which cause difficulty to move stools, when it lasts for more than 3 week it is considered as constipation. It causes when there is change in diet and routine or due to inadequate intake of fibre ( found mainly from vegetables and fruits).
To discuss further let have a look on the normal structure of digestive tract.
Structure of digestive system:
Our digestive tract is called alimentary canal or gastrointestinal tract It start from mouth continue further in oesophagus ( a hollow muscular tube) than continue in a stomach ( a muscular bag for food reservoir) than continue in small and large intestine ( muscle tube that help in food digestion) then continue in anus ( last part of digestive tract where stool is excreted out)
So, we discuss the normal structure of digestive system so let have a look on symptoms if anyone go through it.
What will you feel if you have constipation?
Constipation last for 3 weeks have following symptoms:
- Having hard stools
- Feels like there is a blockage in rectum
- Passing of stool less than 3 times in a whole week.
- Feel like urge to use washroom after one time you go to washroom
- Having lumpy or hard stools
- Straining to have bowel movements
- Feeling as though there’s a blockage in your rectum that prevents bowel movements
- Needing help to empty your rectum, such as using hand to press your abdomen.
Constipation is considered as chronic if you notice these sign for 3 week.
When to see a doctor
If you have any difficulty in passing the stool such swelling and pain while passing the stool make an appointment with your doctor if you experience unexplained and continuous changes in your bowel habits.
What is the causes of constipation?
Constipation is serious ill condition it cause disturbance in the digestive system the causes of constipation are:
Constipation most commonly occurs when waste or stool moves too slowly through the digestive tract or cannot be eliminated effectively from the rectum, which may cause the stool to become hard and dry.
Blockage in rectum or colon:
Blockage of colon or rectum may causes the colon or rectum cancer.
Difficulty in muscle involved in the excretion of stools .
Pelvic muscles are involved in bowel movement.
Constipation causes the weekend Pelvic muscles .
Problem with the nerve around the rectum or colon
Problem in the brain can effect the nerve around the anal canal and rectum due to which muscle goes in the contracted state throw which stool have difficulty to pass.
Who is most likely to have constipation
The risk factor for constipation include:
- Being an older adult .
- Being a woman .
- Being dehydrated .
- Eating a food that low in fibre.
- Having mental health condition like depression, anxiety.
- Having less physical activity.
- Lay down after eating food.
If the constipation get worst what will happen
Prolonged constipation lead to severe complications that cause problem related to health issues. Some of the complications are:
- Swollen veins in your anus
- Torn skin in your anus while passing the hard faeces.
- Stool can’t be expelled due to the harden of stool and any obstruction in the intestine.
- Coming out of intestinal part from its normal position (hernia).
What is the prevention for constipation?
In around you or in your family member, if any one is suffering from constipation, you can aware them that how can they prevent from constipation that include:
- Include plenty of high-fibre foods in your diet, including beans, vegetables, fruits, whole grain cereals and bran.
- Drink plenty of fluids.
- Stay as active as possible and try to get regular exercise.
- Don’t ignore the urge to pass stool.
- Try to create a regular schedule for bowel movements, especially after a meal.
- Make sure children who begin to eat solid foods get plenty of fibre in their diets.
How to diagnose constipation?
Constipation can be diagnosed by following ways:
- In addition to a general physical examination and a digital rectal examination, doctors use the following tests and procedures to diagnose chronic constipation and try to find the cause:
- Blood tests.
- Examination of the rectum and sigmoid colon (part of large intestines). In this procedure, your doctor inserts a lighted, flexible tube into your anus to examine your rectum and the lower portion of your colon.
Constipation can be treated by changing in lifestyle and diet such as:
- Fiber intake
- Exercise most day of the week
- Lubricants use such as mineral oil.
- Don’t Ignore the urge of stool excretion
- Use of medicine that help in softening of stools.
- fibre supplements, stimulant for the urge to use washroom
- Medicine that draw water in your intestines help in movement of stools
- Belly message
Log inMarch 7, 2023
I have read your article carefully and I agree with you very much. So, do you allow me to do this? I want to share your article link to my website: Log in