What happened when body fluid (water) lost too much?
Water is life. Without which existence is impossible for all of the living creatures either live on earth or in water. Water makes our body hydrated and fresh, as water contain minerals they keep our body full of nutrition. If the water is lost in our body, our body become dehydrated and it cause drowsiness.
How can water lost occur ?
The causes of water lost is vomiting, diarrhea sweating and too much urination. Too much water lost can cause dehydration and if not treated than body can goes under stroke.
Body mechanism for water lose
Our body has a mechanism for water regulation. It can regulate it by chemical messengers called hormone named antidiuretic hormone. It main function is on kidney where water is absorbed . When our body has low water intake it releases from brain and work on kidney where it reabsorbed water and excrete minerals( sodium, potassium etc.)or when water intake increase it excrete extra amount of water and store minerals.
Vomiting is a forceful action in which our body forcefully discharge the content of stomach. Vomiting is a symptom that show there is something wrong in our stomach.
What are causes of vomiting
Vomiting is common when you eat too much , drink too much or when stomach is upset due to bacteria cause gastroenteritis ( inflammation in stomach). Some other factors causing vomiting are
- Digestion problem.
- Motion sickness often occur in long trip in vehicle.
- Food poising .
- Infection by bacteria.
- Medication overuse.
- Rupture blood vessels.
- Bleeding in stomach.
When to see a doctor?
Severe vomiting cause life threatening condition. You should go to doctor if you have
- Vomiting for more than one day.
- Suspect food poising.
- Have headaches with neck stiffness.
- Severe abdominal pain.
- Blood in vomiting called hematemesis.
What are the consequences of vomiting
Vomiting cause loss of body water. They cause several consequences like:
- Dry mouth.
- Pale skin.
- Dry skin.
- Dark urine.
Your body is constantly using and losing fluids through actions like sweating and urinating. Dehydration happens when your body loses more water or fluid than it takes in. Symptoms of dehydration can range from being extremely thirsty to feeling fatigued.
How can you treat vomiting?
Treatment for vomiting (regardless of age or cause) includes:
Drinking gradually larger amounts of clear liquids.
Avoiding solid food until the vomiting episode has passed.
Temporarily discontinuing all oral medications, which can irritate the stomach and make vomiting worse.
If vomiting and diarrhea last more than 24 hours, an oral rehydrating solution should be used to prevent and treat dehydration.
Vomiting associated with surgery, radiation therapy, anticancer drugs, alcohol and morphine can often be treated with another type of drug therapy. There are also prescription and nonprescription drugs that can be used to control vomiting associated with pregnancy, motion sickness and vertigo. However, you should consult with your healthcare provider before using these treatments.
Loose watery stool more than 3 times in a day is called diarrhea. It is the most common problem that every person face. It may present alone or association with other symptoms like nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain etc.
What are causes of diarrhea
Diarrhea is symptom of disease which is cause by:
- Virus ( a retro virus is responsible for causing diarrhea).
- Bacteria and parasites. Exposure to pathogenic bacteria, such as E. coli or parasites through contaminated food or water, leads to diarrhea. When traveling in developing countries, diarrhea caused by bacteria and parasites is often called traveler’s diarrhea.
- Medicine overdose can cause diarrhea.
- Lactose intolerance ( lactose is sugar found in milk or other dietary products). People with lactose intolerance are unable to digest lactose sugar whenever he take dietary products having lactose sugar it cause diarrhea.
- Other digestive disorder can cause diarrhea such as ulceration, inflammation of colon and other intestinal diseases.
What are symptoms of diarrhea
Diarrhea show several symptoms
- Abdominal pain.
- Blood in stool.
- Urgency in using bathroom.
What are the complications of diarrhea
Diarrhea can cause dehydration, which can be life-threatening if untreated. Dehydration is particularly dangerous in children, older adults and those with weakened immune systems because loss of nutrients and minerals cause the person to go in shock.
What are the treatment for diarrhea
Most cases of acute diarrhea clear on their own within a couple of days without treatment. If you’ve tried lifestyle changes and home remedies for diarrhea without success, your doctor might recommend medications or other treatments. These include
- Use of antibiotics that kill the bacteria and pathogens.
- Fluid intake increase by if not able to drink glucose is given intravenously.
- Adjust medication that become cause of diarrhea.
How to prevent diarrhea
Diarrhea can be prevented by following methods
- Wash your hand before preparing food or wash fruit or vegetable before eating them.
- Wash your hands with sanitizer before eating.
- Avoid daily hotel food.
- Cover the food item if u have preserve for long time.
- Clean your environment neat and clean.
General supportive care:
Severe dehydration should be treated with intravenous fluids until the patient is stabilized (i.e., circulating blood volume is restored). Treatment should include ORS low osmolality drinks and medicines.
High intake of water with sugar and salt.
Sign UpMarch 7, 2023
I have read your article carefully and I agree with you very much. So, do you allow me to do this? I want to share your article link to my website: Sign Up