SEO tips for content writers to rank content on search engine
Today we have plenty of digital marketing tools available and search engine optimization (SEO) is one of those tools. SEO is all about using your brain. It is crucial to have a planned SEO strategy for the survival of your business. Nowadays it has become challenging to rank a website at the top of the search engine but it is easy and possible if you follow certain SEO tips.
If you want to rank the content of your website on SEO and grow your business, here are some useful tips that might help you to increase the traffic on your website and can also enhance the user experience.
1. Use of keywords:
The most important thing is keyword analysis. Use the keywords strategically so that you may be able to satisfy the viewers. Make sure that the keywords must relate to the content of your page search. Use ubersuggest to find related keywords. Pick a keyword based on its volume, CPC (cost per click), and SD (SEO difficulty).
2. Optimize your page title:
As we know that the page title gives the reader a first impression of the content of a page. It is the first glimpse into the search engine. The title gives information to google or search engine about the content. The search engine then uses this information to determine the relevancy of the page to the keywords in the search. Give your title enough detail that can compel a reader to click and read the content on your page.
Characteristics of a good title:
- The length of the title should be short.
- It must contain accurate and relevant information.
- It should be creative, concise and well-crafted.
- It should be informative enough.
- It should not be overloaded with lots of unnecessary keywords.
3. Optimize Meta Description:
The meta description is an important part of search engine optimization. Through Meta description, you provide brief information to the search engine about the content of your website. The information you provide through Meta description helps the reader to understand what your content is about. It is used in search engine results pages (SERPs). It invites the customer to read the content of your page. There are some useful tools that you can use to optimize your Meta description such as ALOSEO (All-in-one SEO), SEMrush, etc.
How can you optimize your Meta description?
- Use keywords in your Meta description if you want to get more clicks on your website.
- To increase user experience, avoid duplicating Meta descriptions.
- Whenever you write a Meta description, always think from the reader’s point of view, and motivate the user to click and read the content.
- Don’t confuse your reader by writing complex sentences. Use active voice while crafting your Meta description.
- If your content is about any product, try to give the necessary information about the product in the Meta description. Mention specifications that are important to the user and can convince the customer to click your page and make a purchase.
- It is very important to build visitors’ trust. If you provide misleading information in the Meta description and your content is irrelevant it can increase bounce rate. To avoid this issue, write the description tag content that must match the content of your website.
- Avoid using non-alphanumeric characters in the description tag and especially double quotation marks, use HTML entity if it is really important. It will help you to avoid truncation and your text will not be trimmed from the SERP code.
4. Keep URL short and clear to the user:
URL provides indication to the visitor and the search engines about the destination page. It is very important to make the URL clear to improve clickability. Moreover, the search engine uses URLs as a minor ranking factor. In URLs, keywords can serve as a ranking factor. The proper use of keywords in the URL can increase your site’s search visibility as well as user experience.
Best practices for URLs
- URL should be well-crafted and easy to understand.
- It should accurately describe its destination.
- It should contain only lowercase letters.
- The URL should not be lengthy, it should be concise otherwise keyword effectiveness will decrease. It should not exceed from three words such as the website for freelancers and digital marketing in India.
- Do not put the whole sentence in the URL because the search engine doesn’t like it.
- It should be human readable so that they might get an idea about what they will see after clicking the link.
- Carefully use subdomains.
- Do not use URL parameters if possible.
5. Internal linking:
One crucial thing is internal linking. Internal linking is very important from one page of your website to another page of your website. Your visitor and the search engine will make use of these links to find content on your website. Internal links help search engine to navigate your site. The search engine will find your page the most important if it is embedded with internal links.
If you are covering a different topic so try to give the link so that the user can move from one page to another. Google and the user must know that the topical coverage has been done and the topic has been discussed in detail. Internal linking helps to make your website actionable. Through internal linking, google determines the value of your content.
Moreover, it is very important to use the right anchor text. Choose different colors for your anchor text and underline it to make it visible.
6. Make the hierarchy of headings in your content:
Make use of headings H1, H2, and H3 in your content so that your content may have a properly structured heading hierarchy. Organize your content through multiple subheadings to give your reader a clear understanding. H1 is only used in page titles it should not be used in the content. The hierarchy should be visible in your content, and the topic and subtopics should be identifiable.
7. Use ALT TEXT on your images:
Not only your content and keywords are important for SEO but Images are also very important for ranking your page on search engines. It is crucial to optimize images on search engines.
Use ALT TEXT on your images so that google can read about the image. You have to tell google what this image is about. The text should be relevant to your blog post. If you want to optimize your images so don’t just add the image to your page but also use the ALT attribute in your images. The search engine cannot read the text in images therefore ALT text helps the search engine to identify the image. Just in case the picture gets deleted, the ALT text will help to make the reader understand what kind of image was there. Whenever the user search for the image ALT tags help the search engine to show the right image.
WebP format optimizes your image the most. Also, there are multiple tools available on the internet that convert the image into WebP format. These tools also help to reduce the size of the image which is very effective for SEO because it helps to load the image faster.
How can you optimize your images?
- Try to use original and content-related images.
- Focus on the quality of images.
- Reduce the size of your image to increase your page load speed.
- Use two or three keywords to name your image.
- Use ALT attribute in an image tag.
- Make less use of external images.
8. Improve your website speed:
Your website should easily run on various gadgets such as mobile phones, tablets, iPad, laptops, etc. As per google, the majority of users visit sites through their mobile phones and mobile phone users are less likely to wait. The bounce rate for mobile devices is higher than for other devices. The page should be easily viewable and navigable. Moreover, site speed directly affects search rankings. If your website speed is slow it will consume more crawl budget. So it is better to focus on speeding up your website.
Website speed also affects your conversion rate. You can increase website conversion rate by helping the user to fulfill their goals such as product purchase, downloading a fill, etc.
9. Use WordPress plugins:
The Use of plugins is very important to perform SEO. Plugins help to increase traffic on your website. These tools help to boost a website’s search engine ranking. The default functions in the plug-in help to save precious time.
Yoast SEO and ALOSEO are the best plugins. These tools allow the user to add the name of the title, Meta description, focus keywords, related keywords, and synonyms for keywords, etc., for the page of the websites
10. High-quality content:
Your content keeps so much importance for SEO. If it is good, relevant, and engaging then people will read your content. On the other hand, content is necessary for a search engine to get information and index your page correctly and rank it at the top. Good quality content is important to improve visibility and generate traffic. The time viewer spends on your page will be recorded by Google. The bounce rate should be low it means that the viewers not only view your content but also engage with your content.
To create good content, make sure your content must be informative, must contain graphics, hierarchy, embed videos, and internal linking. Your content should be up to the quality level because it can increase the chances for your website to load on the first page of the search engine. Make use of target keywords in your content. Before writing your content, explore the topic and go deeper while writing your content.
These were some useful tips that you can consider as a content writer to rank your content at the top of search engines. These tips may also help to give the best user experience and to decrease the bounce rate on your website. SEO is all about playing with optimization tricks by making full use of your brain.