Today we can observe a fundamental shift in the way people view their career path. The future of work is going to change. Nowadays, people are seeking fresh skills that fit the future. As we know that skills are valuable assets of a person and are essential to advancing your career.
It is the era of online learning because online learning is time-saving as compared to the conventional mode of learning. Acquiring new skills helps you to keep up with the fast-changing world.
There are multiple websites available on the internet that help you to learn new skills or update your skills. These websites allow you to get knowledge in the field of your choice but most of these websites charge a hefty sum of money.
In this article, we have tried to mention the best 10 websites that allow you to enroll in free online courses and learn new skills.
10 free websites for learning high-income skills
Edx offers 3000 plus courses and it has 500,000 plus learners. It has membership with more than 160 universities including Harvard University, Massachusetts institute of technology, and Boston University. It offers courses to learners, businesses, and educators from different categories such as art, design, data analysis, computer programing, etc. On edX, registration is free but you will need to pay the fee for the verified certificate of your course. The courses are designed by world-leading educational institutes.
- You can access practice assignments, videos, reading materials, and discussion forums for free.
- You can sample many paid courses for free.
- Getting feedback on your assignment and projects becomes easy.
- The partnership of edX with leading educational institutes increases the worth of its certificate.
- It provides you an opportunity to learn at your own pace in the majority of courses.
Udemy is one of the biggest online learning platforms with over 50,000 courses and 20 million students. Udemy provides the opportunity to learn from most professional tutors, experts, and instructors. Through Udemy you can learn any topic, skill, or even any language.
Udemy offers both types of career-oriented and hobby-oriented courses. It offers lectures in the form of text, slides, and videos. Udemy offers multiple courses from different fields such as business, marketing, personal development, information technology, software, etc. Moreover, Udemy has the largest collection of courses.
- The benefit you get from learning from Udemy is a flexible learning and you don’t need to take regular classes therefore it is convenient.
- All the courses are taught by real-world teachers.
- The teachings of its courses are not only limited to students but it is for businesses and government as well.
- You can learn a course from a beginner to an expert level and can accelerate your performance.
- It allows you to watch a preview to check course style and material.
- You can accentuate your resume.
- You can get a promotion by learning skills
- You can acquire different skills and knowledge about your current job that can help you indirectly.
- The courses provided by Udemy are updated and of high quality.
Coursera offers more than 5200 courses, specializations, and degrees. It collaborates with more than 270 world-class leading universities such as Stanford, duke, Penn, and IBM. It has more than 40 million learners.
It offers both free and paid courses. It has more than a thousand free courses. You can access all the learning materials for free but to earn a certificate you will need to pay a certain amount.
If you have the willingness to learn so you can enroll in any course of your interest. The course content contains video lectures, peer-reviewed assignments, and group discussion forums.
- You can learn at your own pace.
- Coursera provides networking opportunities. Educators and learners can collaborate both locally and internationally.
- It improves cross-cultural relationships.
- It promotes active learning through assignments, quizzes, and the engagement of students in discussions.
- You can work directly with peers.
- The challenging coursework motivates students to learn more.
- The educators of courses are experts in their field and this thing improves the quality of lectures.
- Coursera incorporates various learning styles and delivers lectures through different media platforms that enhance the learning capabilities of individuals.
- Courser offers a mobile app that allows you to work while you are on the go.
Alison offers courses in different languages. It enables users to apply skills at their workplace. The subjects Alison covers through its courses include business studies, health and fitness, media studies, languages, computer programming, and journalism. The courses are updated on daily basis. In the assessment, you need to have 80% or higher to be eligible for certification.
- Alison makes learning accessible to all learners and does not charge course fees and certification fees from the learners.
- If you refer any person you will be eligible to access many paid things for free such as digital certificates and courses.
- You get a chance to learn from the same teachers who teach at universities.
- You can choose the language in which you want to learn from 50-plus languages.
- You can access the site from all devices.
- You can learn high-quality skills that can be used in the workplace.
5. Future learn:
Future learn is similar to edX. It was founded in 2012. It is jointly owned by the Open University based in the UK and the employment company seeks limited. Future Learn offers courses from over 100 institutes and organizations located all over the globe including king’s college of London, UCL, University of Glasgow, etc. It also offers both types of free and paid courses. It offers short courses, expertTracks, and micro-credentials.
- You can learn in-demand career skills
- You can become an expert in your industry
- You can upgrade your skill and pursue your passion
FreeCodeCamp is a non-profit organization. It provides you with an interactive learning web platform. It is a good platform for those who want to learn to code. It contains online community forums, chat rooms, online publications, and local organizations. FreeCodecamp wants to make web development accessible to everyone.
- You can earn free verified certification in multiple courses.
- You can get access to thousands of videos, articles, and interactive coding lessons for free.
- You can get practical development experience by building web applications for non-profit organizations.
If you are looking to acquire the skill to be used in the technology sector so Udacity is recommended. Udacity offers beginner, intermediate, and advanced level courses along with nanodegree programs that are recognized by top companies such as Google, Facebook, etc. Enrollees can access course material, online tests, quizzes, and video lectures.
- Professionals can attain technical credentials for career progression.
- It allows learners to further their education with little or no fee.
- It provides a flexible and accessible learning experience.
- Udacity graduates can link with high-profile companies whose employers recognize Udacity credentials.
- You can meet with representatives of the company’s different partners at the annual Udacity summit.
8. Stanford online:
It is the very own education initiative of Stanford University. Stanford online is an online learning provider. Their site is user-friendly. You can easily find free courses on their website. Their content is developed by Stanford faculty.
- It will help you to expand your knowledge, advance your career, and improve the quality of your life.
- It allows you to learn from the university’s expert teachers.
- It allows users to connect with the faculty from anywhere in the world.
OpenLearn is part of Open University. It offers more than 1000 free courses. OpenLearn aims to reach millions of learners each year through free educational resources. The subjects it offers include money and business, education and development, science, Mathematics, technology, etc.
- OpenLearn works on discoverability and access by building platforms that are available online and offline.
- It provides badges and statements of participation to the learners that can boost their esteem.
10. Khan Academy:
Khan academy is a non-profit organization. Its mission is to provide free, world-class education to everyone, anywhere. It offers multiple courses such as computer programming, computer learning, algebra, finance, etc. you can easily search for specific topics and find resources on its website.
- It is free and accessible
- It offers a large variety of subjects.
- It allows you to work at your own pace.
- The lessons are suitable for all grade levels.
- You can take help from practice exams.
We have mentioned above the most credible free websites that can help you to learn high-income skills. Visit these websites one by one and check where you can utilize your best efforts and energy according to your interest. Check their free offered courses and learn your desired skills.